Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a pussy. It reminds me of John F. Kennedy’s inaugural address when he said; “Ask not what your country can do for you, you pussy.”

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a pussy. Not exactly the Lincoln-Douglass debate, is it? 

Did Cam Newton have a bad Super Bowl? Did Amber Rose have to wash her hands after a date with Kanye West? 



Since you asked:

When I was a kid there were certain movies and TV shows that took place in magical places. 

“The Adventures of Robin Hood” was in this bright, hilly gorgeous enchanted forrest in England, I assumed. No, it was in Thousand Oaks where the Sherwood Country Club is now. 

The woods where Mingo and Daniel Boone fought off war parties was in my gorgeous birthplace of Kentucky. No, it was Big Bear, outside of Los Angeles. 

John Wayne’s Westerns were filmed in Arizona and Colorado, right? Nope, near Bishop, the last town before you get to Mammoth.

But it was always bright and sunny, just like the weather during Super Bowl 50. 75, dry but florid, with a slight breeze and the whiff of the ocean and an oak fire burning in the distance. Then the sun sets and the temperature drops to a magical sleeping potion.

Thanks to “Requiem of  a Dream,” I never have to watch another depressing movie in my life. Holy crap, this made “Leaving Las Vegas” seem like “The Hangover.” 

Great cast - I am a huge Jennifer Connelly and Jared Leto fan - good writing, and so many wild and quick and cool shots that I am sure make film critics and film majors eyes roll back in their heads. 

But it wasn’t even the kind of depressing that makes you think “Well at least I feel better about my life.” No, this was the kind of depressing that makes you wonder if anything is worth living for. 


Who makes a movie like this and why?