Thursday, January 09, 2014

500 Days Of Summer - You Make My Dreams




From the underrated "500 Days of Summer." This is the morning after their first, well, you know . . . The best part is left out. Right after this, they cut to the day she breaks up with him and he is the absolute picture of abject sorrow and depression.

Had a day like this the last day of my junior year in high school. In football, led the league in rushing as a junior, dated four beautiful girls, and was on my way to Hayward, CA as the only high school Decathlete in the country to qualify for the 19-and-under Decathlon Junior Nationals.  It was a gorgeous day, and I was practically skipping down the halls high-fiving everyone I passed. 

A year later, I had a badly torn hamstring, a girl I was dating - whom I didn't really even like all that much - I caught making out with some dorky dude in the backyard of a party.  And then she broke up with me. And no colleges were returning my calls.