Wednesday, November 20, 2013



This is Wally's go-too position, up in the little valley between the back of the couch and the cushion. Yesterday, I was basically where Ann Caroline is, but on my side and Wally reached out and gently placed his paw on top of my head, like he was giving me a doggy-Pope blessing, and left it there. And that is how we both drifted off to sleep.

Until Wally started dreaming about chasing a rabbit,  or some such, and started thwapping me repeatedly on the head. Oh well, the snooze was nice while it lasted . . . 

Maybe it's me, but things still seem a little tense between former President Clinton and President Obama. Like today, when Obama gave Clinton his Medal of Freedom, Obama was wearing a yellow hazmat suit and splash goggles. 


If it was up to me, we take Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford, and Miami Dolphin alleged bully, Richard Incognito, and throw them both in a closet with one deep-fried turkey leg; whoever comes out alive is in charge of Obamacare.

Since you asked:

As I have come by my Kennedy-phile-ness honestly from my mother, one of the things I have found fascinating about all the movies and documentaries coming up on the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination, is one huge factor is being lost in time and history: The cities in Texas were only a couple of generations removed from the wild west.

People in Texas rode horses, wore cowboy boots and cowboy hats, carried guns and shot them. Sometimes at each other. In 1963, Houston, San Antonio and especially Fort Worth were glorified cow towns and Dallas wasn't much more sophisticated. 

This was a fact sorely underestimated by the Kennedy White House when they arranged this trip. Famous for his recklessness, getting out and shaking hands with the Texas crowds and driving with the top down was nuts even by Kennedy's brazen standards.