Monday, July 18, 2011

17-year-old Florida boy kills his parents with a hammer, hides their bodies and throws a party in their house. Sorry, Florida, but I am starting to think smoking all that meth isn't good for you.

Good for Dave:

Booking Hope and Abby for Tuesday. If I am Jay, and judging by my two cars, a Honda SUV and a Nissan sedan, I am not, I book Alex Morgan, Lauren Cheney and Heather O'Reilly for Wednesday.

Actually able to tell Kasey stories and smile. Like the time Kasey used to sleep on the foot of our bed. (This was pre-AC so over 12 years ago) As the night progressed, she would try to sneak higher and higher up.

About four in the morning I would wake up to find her about waist high and kick her back down to the foot. She would get up and grouse like an old man in his underwear complaining about his cold oatmeal.

One night I must have been really tired (read: red wine) and I slept all night. When I woke up and opened my eyes, there was Kasey, as pretty as you please, her little seal pup face eyes shut and snoring four inches away from my face, right on my pillow.

It is always good to wake up and laugh.