Thursday, May 26, 2011

'Dis right here a tired boo



Oh, yeah, we backdoor braggart'ing* up in this up in here, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

"American Idol" winner, Scotty McCreery is 17. When I was 17 my loftiest goal was to get inside of Becky Taylor's bra at the prom. And, yeah, no, it didn't happen.









John Edwards is going to be indicted. Between Edwards, Arnold, Sheen and Tiger, this has to be the worst time to be a famous horny dude since Paris Hilton caught the clap.










Al Qaeda has named Saif Al-Adel their new leader; asked to comment, Al-Adel said; "Oh, yeah, wait, what? Al Qaeda named me what? Oh, helllllll nooooooo."











Republican Tim Pawlenty is running for president. Is it me, or does Pawlenty look like the guy at the office who uses quote-fingers a lot?


*Gosh, I hate to go out to an expensive dinner when it is so dissappointing compared to what I make at home.


Yes, I realize I feature recipes with a lot of meat, ribs, sausages, burgers, eggs, pork chops and loins, lamb, steaks and steak sandquidos. But I really love to cook lean chicken and fish. A lot.

Last nicht I got lucky (not that kind of lucky, you sick bastards) with two beautiful pieces of Mahi-Mahi. Marinated them in olive oil, dusted with smoked paprika, Old Bay, sea salt and fresh pepper. Started the mesquite Weber fire, when it was ready, popped rice and chicken broth in the rice cooker. (2 to one cup chicken broth-to-rice measurement)

Sliced yellow squash lengthwise, drizled with EVOO and dusted also with smoked paprika, Old Bay, sea salt and pepper. Placed them round-side down on the outside parameter of the grill. Cover grill with lid-holes open. After ten minutes, flipped the squash and placed the Mahi close to the coals, but not on them. Cover again. A good five minutes plus per side as they were thick.

Served the rice pilaf, Mahi-mahi with the squash and some small cherry tomatoes. Cold glass of Chardonnay and biddleywhobingwhangerstanger. In my best vague European accent of Chef Tell:

So good, so tasty, so good for you.


Tonicht? Snack night. AC has a late soccer practice, so I am going to pick up some nice Italian chicken sausages, grill those bad boys up, and serve then with a fancy mustard along with grapes, carrots, apple slices, pastacio nuts, black olives.

And red wine, recorded Cubs and Bulls.