Monday, May 11, 2009

We don’t holla for a dollar up this here heezy breezy, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Keefs
“24” star Keifer Sutherland has been charged with head-butting a fashion designer. How is the Jack Bauer tough guy going to follow up head-butting a fashion designer? Give a noogie to a dance choreographer?

Have you seen the size of Keifer’s head. He’s lucky that’s not assault with a deadly weapon.

Oh, well that explains . . . what the . . .?
In Miami, a priest is in trouble because he was seen making out with a woman on the beach. In
his defense he said he was drunk and mistook her for a choirboy.


Since you asked:

OK, I admit it, I am obsessed. Read a great article in “Outside” magazine on Argentinean beef and I can’t think of anything else.

There is a back story.


During my wonderful honeymoon in Aruba with my lovely child bride, Virg, in between, well, you know and windsurfing and drinking Aruba Aribas – two and you cannot remember your room number – and playing black jack, we went to an amazing Argentinean steak house or parrilla.

In a very nice but bare bones dark, wooden and wrought iron and stained glass church-like restaurant, I had this massive chunk of filet that made my eyes roll in back of my head and copious amounts of hearty red wine. Now I know why it was so amazing.

Argentina is apparently a beautiful country that is deeply divided: half believe soccer and grilled meat and red wine are among the most important things in the world and the other half believe grilled meat and red wine and soccer are among the most important things in the world. But they all believe sex is the most important thing in the world. (No, I believe I can hang out wit you fellas)


Toss in blues rock, surfing and I am there'r than a mofizzy.

Argentina put itself on the map providing beef to Europe and they do it old, old school. The Gauchos let them range free on grass so the cows themselves are wilder than our fat, grain eating locked up heifers. So the meat has more flavor. Plus they don’t age meat, they cook it fresh and many believe that makes the biggest difference.


And the cooking style is slow over hard wood charcoal with liberal amounts of sea salt added while cooking. And they don’t sear the meat until the very end, the opposite of American steak grilling.

The cuts are different also.

More fat is left on the Argentina steaks and ribs and loins and they use the entire cow. The article claims Argentinean’s eat ten times more meat than we do, but because they hike, play soccer and drink lots of red wine, they don’t have the corresponding health problems.

So tomorrow night in honor of the Chicago Cubs/ San Diego Padres game, after a hard workout, I am going to get an organic, New Zealand raised T-Bone, but I am going to also employ the Tuscan style barbeque and marinate the steak in olive oil, get the chunk wood coals really hot with a hairdryer and sear the ever living hell out of it while liberally applying coarse sea salt. But I will wait to sear it at the end.

Just a salad and wine, lots and lots of wine. Muhahahahahahah.

Oh no me di’ . . . ‘int.