Friday, March 06, 2009

This just in:

“Sports Illustrated” showed the cause of the Brooklyn Dodgers move to Los Angeles wasn’t owner Walter O’Malley, but a bureaucrat named Robert Moses. In fact, to show the O’Malleys there are no hard feelings, New York is offering to send the Mets to California. And the Knicks too, for that matter.


Since you asked:

One of the running bits at our house is that, when I cook, I shamelessly project false modesty of how good something I made is. It starts with, "You know how I hate to brag, but . . . .

Ann Caroline last night said with as much sarcasm as a 10-year-old can muster:

"Oh, I know, Daddy, you're the best cook in the whoooooole world." And then she cracked up. So I shot back with;

"Eww, that was funny, Ann Caroline.  I guess the comedy gene didn't make through to you after all." 

Without batting an eye, she said;

"I guess the taking-a-joke gene didn't go through to you."

(Sniff)

They grow up so fast . . .