Monday, November 13, 2006

All I gots to say is whew, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Who'd a thunk it?
With the epidemic of Hollywood divorces there are a lot of single celebrity women: Whitney Houston, Reese Witherspoon, Hillary Swank, Jessica Simpson, and now Britney Spears. How sad is it when the most stable Hollywood relationship is Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?

Uber Super Duper Gay
There is a male celebrity impersonator, Eddie Edwards, who impersonates Cher and Barbra Streisand; upon hearing this Neil Patrick Harris said; “Apparently I’m not as gay as I thought.”


Never thought I would say it, but poor K-Fed
Reports are that Britney Spears informed Kevin Federline she was getting a divorce by text message. That is particularly harsh when you consider K-Fed can’t read.

According to the prenuptial agreement, Britney Spears would have to pay alimony to Kevin Federline of $30,000 a month. That would officially make Kevin Federline the most over-paid useless guy outside of the Oakland Raiders.

Rumor has it that the divorce between Britney Spears and Kevin Federline will be ugly. It might get to the point where K-Fed would have to work at K-Mart.

Since you asked:

Finally saw the “Borat” this weekend. My word. First of all, it is painfully funny and I think you should see it in the theater because it is a wild party-like atmosphere.

Secondly, unlike before, after seeing it all together instead of cleaned-up bit by bit on talk shows, I now don’t think you have to be a totally thin-skinned pain-in-the-ass to be offended by it. It can get pretty rough at times. The cringe factor is high. I spent a lot of time in that “I-don’t-want-to-look-but-I-have-to” mode.

Not that I was disappointed, but I do think I hosed myself from the total “Borat” experience by having seen so many of the clips ahead of time. It is, however, a marvel of movie making just to witness how ballsy everyone in-the-know in the movie was, especially Sacha Baron Cohen. Not to give anything away, but either Pamela Anderson is a far greater actress than anyone imagined or that Cohen guy is certifiably nuts.

And I did feel a little more empathy than I thought I would for the people who get duped; but they usually let you off the hook by ending up being total douche bags. This movie takes the joke way too far and then it hammers the accelerator.

Just the sheer ton of huevos this SBC guy exhibits is a marvel. Talk about stopping at nothing for a gag. When it comes to pulling all the stops for the sake of a joke, this Sacha guy makes the Farrelly (“Something About Mary” “King Pin”) brothers look like Bill Cosby in an ugly sweater.