Thursday, March 16, 2006

It is hard out here


Since you asked:
Every now and then life tosses you one of those transcendent moments and I caught one tonight. On a beautiful early gloaming evening in the park after a run and playing soccer with my daughter, Ann Caroline, I taught her how to ride her bike on the grass. She was riding in five minutes. The only person more excited than her was me. The feelings flooded over with excitement mixing with immense pride and softened with a hint of sadness that she is growing up so fast.

Granted we came late to the bike riding party as she is already seven, but she took to like the proverbial duck to water.

Now if San Diego State can beat Indiana this will be a night for the ages. Oh, hell, it already is. Today I pissed off a lot of French pains-in-the-ass. What more can a man ask for?