Monday, October 31, 2005

10-31

It got all kinds of the drama up in Halloweenizzy, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Wie Howdy
Michelle Wie gave a $500,000 check to former President Clinton for the Bush-Clinton Katrina fund. Clinton thanked the 16-year-old Wie and said he would be glad to really show his appreciation, but not until she turns 18.

Bad hair birthday
Matthew McConaughey turns 36 Friday. His hair, however only turns three.

The Garden State of Mind
New Jersey is looking for a new motto. They decided not to go with; “You want I should whack who?”

New Jersey is looking for a new motto. They decided not to go with; “Come for the smell, stay for the contamination.”

New Jersey is looking for a new motto. They decided not to go with; “Leave the gun, take the Canolli.”

New Jersey is looking for a new motto. They decided not to go with; “New Jersey, at least we aren’t as rude as New Yorkers.”


“My, what pretty eyes you have when you’re angry, Kor the Klingon”
George Takei, helmsman Sulu on the Starship Enterprise on “Star Trek”, has announced he is gay. I am shocked. I had absolutely no idea Sulu was still alive.

I kind of suspected something when Scotty and Sulu were alone in the steam room and Sulu asked Scotty to beam him up.

You could tell Sulu was gay because he kept asking Spock if was true what they said about guys with big ears.


Good news bad news
In the end of the 21-14 win by the Cincinnati Bengals over the Green Bay Packers, a drunken fan ran on the field and stole the ball from Packers quarterback Brett Favre and ran thirty yards before being tackled by security. On the bright side, the Houston Texans signed that fan as their starting running back.


And one more shot into that final frontier
George Takei, helmsman Sulu on the Starship Enterprise on “Star Trek”, has announced he is gay. You kind of suspected something. Sulu once invited Chekov to come to his cabin and to be sure to bring his phaser.



Couple of A.C. stories:
As I have resolved to drop some pounds and get in shape like my idol, Chainsaw, and enter mini-triathlons this spring, there I was, Saturday, stretching out on the carpet with my 7-year-old daughter, Ann Caroline, getting ready for a run when I started thinking out loud:

“Later I have to cash a check, then I’ll take the car and go fill it up.” suddenly I remembered I filled up the tank yesterday and, relieved, said to Ann Caroline; “Oh, I already got gas.”

“Here’s what you do.” A.C. said and then got on her knees, with her head down. Thinking she was talking about some new back stretch she learned at soccer I asked “What’s that for?”

“Mom said that you should kneel down with your butt up in the air when you’ve got gas.”

And:

This morning I was toasting Ann Caroline’s waffles when I was worrying we might be out of butter so I sort of pushed her away from wanting butter by asking;

“You only want syrup, right?”

Ann Caroline looked at me funny and said;

“No. I don’t just want syrup. I want waffles AND syrup.”