Thursday, August 25, 2005

Skullduggery and Scallywaggery abound, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Lap this
Paris Hilton got rid of her little dog Tinkerbell; actually it wasn’t really Paris’s decision. Tinkerbell is a lap dog and E.P.A. declared Paris’s lap a toxic area.


Paris Hilton got rid of her little dog Tinkerbell; apparently Paris heard Tinkerbell had been seen hanging around with Nicole Richey.

Same thing
Madonna is recovering from several fractures from a riding accident. Madonna was an inexperienced rider on a thoroughbred and was thus described as being over-horsed. Sort of like when she used to date Dennis Rodman.


NASA announced they are going to the moon, gas prices are out the roof, the Stones are on tour and Joan Baez is protesting U.S. involvement in a foreign war. That’s it, I’m digging out my earth shoes, pucca shell necklace and my yellow smiley face “Have a Nice Day” t-shirt.


Experts predict if these trends don’t change, we could be headed to a true catastrophe: Another polyester infested disco era.

Or

Experts predict if these trends don’t change, we could be headed to a true catastrophe: An ABBA comeback.


When did “That 70’s Show” become about the future? Suddenly I can’t get the Bee Gee’s “Stayin Alive”out of my head.

Since you asked:
OK, I am a bold man about to make a bold decision. Pickles are back on my cheeseburgers.

(Take a second to absorb this if you have to)

No, I know, pickle slices were off for a while after I decided they were too much of a distraction. But pickles compliment the burger meat very well. And I am going with grilled onion slices instead of sautéed.

I know, that’s a lot of information to take in at once, but there it is.

Just wondering:
What kind of song is “Hotel California”? It isn’t a hard rocker even though it has awesome guitar solos. It’s not the blues. It’s not quite Spanish or Country. It’s not really a ballad. I say on the surface it is a traveling song deeply layered with biting social commentary.

Lex's observation of the day:
When did it become a rule that all TV and movie promo narrators have to sound like Nick Nolte after he gargles with nails?

I would like to amend some notable Winnetka nicknames from the last post:

It should be Jeffery "John Henry" Lipe, and James “Taco Eddie" Cook.