Thursday, February 14, 2002

Man, comedians are pain-in-the-butt. I write comedy, but I also perform at our local San Diego Comedy Store for grins. Since I am doing this primarily for fun and to tune up my comedy writing timing, I don't probably take it as seriously as I should. But a lot of these serious stand up folks are a mess. Have you ever seen a lost puppy in the rain? Comedians are about ten times needier.

You ever try to talk to a stand up comedian? It isn't a conversation, it is a testing ground for bits.

Me: So how you doing, Charlie?

Charlie: I am doing fine but I had trouble parking. What is with all of the handicap parking spots? Do they really have to have ten handicap parking spots outside of the gym?

They should hang a sign in the lobby and above the bar: No Bits Zone.